Welcome to Tucson Womenís Centerís medical weight loss resource page. Choosing to loose weight is part of an even greater decision to lead a healthier life. Almost every illness is negatively impacted by being over weight. Therefore, the decision to loose weight can have the additional effect of improving other problems such as diabetes, hypertension, or elevated cholesterol.
The problem with most medical weight lost programs is that patients tend to regain weight when they stop taking their medications. In order to counter this trend, Tucson Womenís Center utilizes dietary monitoring and education, behavioral modification, and exercise advice to increase the long term impact of our program. Using a multidisciplinary approach, our staff members will provide you with the medications and support that you need in your journey to a healthier and happier life.
You can begin your journey now by following these steps:
1) Schedule an initial consultation and evaluation at Tucson Women’s Center. Your cost will be $100. You can schedule your appointment online by clicking here. To expedite your appointment download and complete the standard weight loss program form prior to your appointment. If you would rather not fill out the forms now, you can fill them out at the office.
2) At your first visit, your medical history will be reviewed and you will be examined by the doctor. Screening laboratory testing will also be done at this visit to help us determine the program that is best suited to you individual needs and to determine if other problems exist that may be important to your progress. The cost of laboratory screening is included in the price of your first visit. Most weight loss medications are included in the cost of your visit as well. If your health screen reveals other problems that may require treatment, there may be costs associated with prescribing medications to treat these conditions.
3) You will be informed of your lab results by telephone or email (this takes approximately 2-3 business days). You can return to the office to pick up your medications anytime after your labs have been received.
4) You will be reevaluated every 2 weeks by the doctor to monitor your progress. Each follow-up visit costs $60 (this includes the cost of most medications).
5) Educational materials related to medications, exercise, diet, and lifestyle changes are available at the office, under the education resource link on this page, or by following the links below.
We look forward to helping you make a positive change in your life and health.